Re: Toddy update on feed

--- In EquineCushings@..., "sorayacharlotte"
<sorayacharlotte@...> wrote:

It is too soon
to say if it is helping her but I just received the response from the
feed company, saying that they do not test for ESC but the WSC is
12%. The the bag states starch at 10%. Does this mean that this is a
LITTLE bit high, or EXTREMELY high for her.
Ask them to give you figures for WSC, ESC and starch. They've already
come back and said that they don't test for ESC so change the language
a bit and ask them for WSC, sugar and starch. If they still say they
don't test for sugar (?) then ask for the starch figure.

Depending on how you twist the math, it could be as high as 22%
sugar/starch (WSC+starch)* or maybe "starch" means (to them) simple
sugars (ESC) + starch. Either way, you need to know.

[*warning* before this starts a flurry of emails "I thought we add ESC
+ starch!" We do, this is just to illustrate a point]

Kathleen (KFG in KCMO)