Re: NEW LOW STARCH FEED...Dr. K..is this worth trying

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

--- In EquineCushings@..., n rand <nantomluna@...> wrote:

Ingredients are: Soybean hulls, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal. Dried plain
beet pulp (unsweetened) Distillers Dried Grains and Wheat Middlings.

I agree with what Joan said. You would definitely have to a mineral
program that matches this feed, not a fixed formula mineral. ESC +
starch is iffy, but problem being that starch is digested 100% to
glucose. Alfalfa also has a high % of glucose than grass hays. Horses
well stabilized may tolerate it OK as a grain replacer but I suspect a
lot wouldn't as a complete feed/hay replacer unless the horse is
exercising.

Eleanor