Answering my own question?/long

Pauline & Jack <takarri@...>

Hi
Re: Nutrequin from Kentucky Equine Research to help balance hay.

http://www.ker.com/index.html?try=Cookie®ion=au

As I don't have access to what you all have ( at this stage) to
balance hay- I am having a merry search. This product came close &
Lorna mentioned about the ingredients- whichI since found out were
cottonseed meal & limestone.
I have looked into this a bit more & this is some of the more
relevant info I came across-with thanks to wiki-copy-paste

Limestone dust is frequently used as a filler to give bulk to or to
extend expensive resins, adhesives, polymers etc. In the trade,
fillers are often referred to as `inert'; they are only `inert' in
the sense that they do not react significantly with the other
materials used in that particular process.

NCPA is the trade association for the cottonseed processing industry.
Products include cottonseed vegetable oil for cooking; cottonseed
meal, a high protein supplement for livestock and poultry; hulls, a
roughage for cattle feed; and linters, a cellulose feed stock for
many industrial and consumer products.
is therefore sometimes used as a pesticide.
In its natural unhydrogenated state cottonseed oil, like all
vegetable oils, has no cholesterol. It also contains no trans fatty
acids. However, it does contain over 50% Omega-6 fatty acids and only
trace amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids, and the imbalance is considered
unhealthy if not used in moderation or balanced elsewhere in the
diet. Further, these polyunsaturated fats can potentially go rancid
during the extraction process.
Cottonseed oil is rich in palmitic acid (22-26%), oleic acid (15-
20%), linoleic acid (49-58%) and 10% mixture of arachidic acid,
behenic acid and lignoceric acid. It also contains about 1% sterculic
acids and malvalic acids in the crude oil. The cyclopropene acids are
undesirable components, but they are largely removed during refining,
particularly deodorization, and also during hydrogenation. They are
not considered to present any health hazard in cottonseed oil.

limestone is used to purify sugar

I understand most of it- but I still haven't learnt how to identify
if it is good or bad in relation to our situation.
I think it sounds ok- & would appreciate being corrected.
Many Thanks
Pauline & Jack