Re: Vet says Beet Pulp is bad

Claire C. Cox-Wilson <shotgun.ranch@...>

Answers preceded by ####

--- In EquineCushings@..., annianda@... wrote:

Well... I'm not sure. It was done at ANTECH. It looks like the units
they
used for Glucose is mg/dl but the Insulin is MICROU/ML. Is that the
same? The
Equine Insulin comment says >90mU/ml... which my vet says -- shows
she's not
IR. Does that help?
##### These labs drive me crazy! They use these measurements
interchangeably...unless my brain is on meltdown...SHE IS IR !
Your vet is just going by the fact that the numbers fall in the normal
range but doesn't know about Glucose:Insulin ratio and probably less
likely to know about RISQI. Her RISQI is .13 anything >.32 is IR

****Can you get beet pulp shreds and R/S/R?

I probably can... but if they're soaked, aren't they going to turn
into the
same mush as pellets? I think it's the mush she's opposed to.
##### shreds will not turn into mush.....just very wet shreds.

Claire from AZ