Winter coat retention

horsecorrect <horsecorrect@...>

I haven't posted for a while since my horse has been "stabilized" with
pergolide and proper diet. Now that Spring is here, I am concerned that
she is not shedding. My other horse is losing her coat dramatically! I
have read that a reduction in pergolide dose seems to help the coat
thickness problems. I wouldn't mind the thick coat but she seems hot
now and the temperatures are not even very high yet. When they get
higher, she will melt!

Her ACTH had gone from 132 in Nov to 24.5 in Feb. Her attitude and
general demeanor were greatly improved, as well. Is it correct that
ACTH levels drop from Spring into Fall?

I'd appreciate any input if someone has the opportunity.

Thanks.

Denise