Re: Oregon Reginal mix??

bigwhitevan2002

--- In EquineCushings@..., "Sally Hugg" <barehoof@...> wrote:

Hi Lara -
Yes - it's really tough to be "something for everyone", so these
regional mixes are just the best we can do for the "average" hay and
HMMMM..... Well my custom mix looks pretty simple...as copied below, I
do not have any hay left that this was balanced to and am using it now
with whatever they are being fed... more exact balancing will not be
in the picture any more -- horses are in a full care facility but
would like to get them as close to balanced as possible now that I
know too much and cant but be bothered that they arent getting an
exact balance...

this mix is in a flax base and fed with alfalfa pellets and Beet pulp
and iodized salt ....would it continue to be an okay supplement with
the average Eastern OR. hay... am getting out my analysis now to do a
comparasin..and see if i can be smart enough to get an average mineral
content.

Mainly asking for the horse we are now working with at the barn that
was recently diagnosed IR/laminitis wanting to get him on a 'balanced'
program ASAP hay is being soaked and Mid valley being looked into...

ingredients copper...............125mg
selenium...........2.0mg
Vit E.................20000IU
Julie