Re: Turn-out Suggestions Please

Cindy <cthompson@...>

You might be surprised at your horse's reaction to a grazing muzzle.
Mine both adapted quite quickly and have only managed to pull it off
once in 4 years. I get the $18 ones from Country Supply catalog
because my horses destroy the rubber part and I go through 2/Summer. I
buy the horse size for my quarter horses that are on the small side. I
just adapted one for Curran since he's not supposed to eat too much.
My farrier gave me a hard plastic pad/hoof boot insert (probably for a
draft horse) and I cut it to fit in the bottom of the muzzle. Then I
drilled a 1/2"-3/4" hole in the middle - much smaller than the original
one the muzzle came with. I put self adhesive velcro strips on the pad
insert and bottom of the muzzle to hold it in place. It works
great ... but don't ask Curran what he thinks!

Cindy