Re: Smoldering Laminitis?

blue6631 <rubyivireo@...>

--- In EquineCushings@..., Gina Keesling <gina@...> wrote:

From what I have been told by barefoot gurus- Allie has more
lamellar
stretching than she should, although nothing remotely close to the
wedge
that chronically foundered feet get. >
Gina
My horse was stoic coming up to her foundering. All through the
winter I told my farrier her white line was stretching - not much
though 2/16th of an inch maybe. He said that white line disease in
our area was somewhat normal!!! I wormed her one spring day and bam
next day she came up lame. I called my farrier out and he thought
she then had a shoulder injury. Put her on pasture for a few days
then both feet went lame!!! She had small fat pads on her rump and
behind shoulders - was told Canadians are a bit chunky by many
people. The white line though was the sign I got before the
diagnosis. From what I understand a stretched white line is
increasingly becoming part of the pathology of laminitis. Pete Remey
has an excellent article on the connection on his website.>

--

Gina Keesling, owner

Farriers' Greeting Cards

Unique products for the equine professional

HoofPrints

Art for the equine and canine enthusiast

http://www.hoofprints.com

800-741-5054