Re: Not so new - NEED HELP, PLEASE

Mandy Woods

Ellen,
I couldn't open your urls' so I"ll just hit ya over the head with the DDTs until I can find her case history. These are 3 things we need to have in place to have have optimum results. I am getting this feeling that your pergolide dose is not enough. We are in the seasonal rise so her regular dose should be raised. It doesnt take Cornell 4-6 weeks - it takes 4-5 days....call them ( 607-253-3900) and ask if they've recieved your bloodwork. ITs critical you get her ACTH in the normal range especially now.
Diet seems tight especially if you're soaking low sugar hay. *BUT* does it have high iron? (cant see your analysis) IF it has over 100ppm in iron, just rinse it. Iron worsens IR. Not getting any weeds/leaves/etc?
Correct trim? Is her foot balanced? Low heels, toe backed? Mechanical founder?
Thats all I can come up with.....Does anything set off alarm bells for you?
Mandy

. Her

pergolide was increased on 08/14 from 0.75 mg to 1.5 mg, based on symptoms.
The vet pulled blood on 08/20 (ACTH, insulin, glucose) but told me that it
takes Cornell 4-6 weeks to get the results back.