Posted by: "barsdoubletrouble" barsdoubletrouble@... barsdoubletrouble
Date: Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:33 am ((PST))

Hi Everyone, I have been lurking here reading posts for several
months. I have noticed what seems to be a regional difference in the
occurrence of Cushings and or IR. It may just be that the first
responders/list experts are the ones who post the most but there seems
to be a preponderance of afflicted horses/ponies in California, along
the east coast and Canada. I see very few posts that originate here
in Texas. Any thoughts about a survey of group members to see the
geographic distribution of Cushings/IR in the USA? Also, could this
just be that the breeds of horses/ponies more prone to Cushings/IR are
more common in these areas? We have a lot of Quarter Horses here and
I understand they are not as prone to developing primary IR as some
other breeds. Just thinking out loud.

Jodie and Brandy-26 yo QH Cushings mare
Decatur, Texas
spring 2008