Re: Rafiq has rotated again ... (2x in 3wks)

lars_a_swe

--- In EquineCushings@..., "Shannon" <skgserenity@...> wrote:
Later today we expect the new boots to come in (Ultima? - not sure of the brand name), which will elevate his heels a few more degrees and take as much of the pressure off of the deep flexor tendons as possible

Hi Shannon,

This is not the proper forum for a discussion on mechanical issues. However, I just want to say that IMO there is a much better way to deal with a laminitic horse than to raise the heels.

I'm glad you're not thinking of cutting the DFT. It's not the tensile force in the DFT that causes separation and rotation, it's the tensile stress in the laminae.

Lars
July 2008