Earliest age for Cushing's

Saucier Kathy

My trainer was told by her vet today that horses as young as 3 years old have been diagnosed with Cushing's. That there is some new research on this.
She also said they do NOT do the Dex Suppression test, so they seem to be ahead of some vets in our area.
They seem to understand what IR is & seem to be up on that.
I don't keep up with all the digests from our group, so have I missed something?
Is there some new research where young horses are being correctly diagnosed to have C's as young as 3?
Kathy Saucier
Magic who went over the Rainbow Bridge 7/08
Member since 1/05