Re: cellulitis rt hind and rt front in IR mare - not critical - Dr. Kellon and group

--- In EquineCushings@..., "pposey09" <pposey@...> wrote:

Hi all,
I thought I was done with this, but apparently not. The occasional flares of cellulitis in the rt hind and to a lesser degree the rt front went away.
Last week after two days of bad weather and no exercise sessions, she was not happy circling to the right...happy to move (walk, trot, canter), just not to the right. The next day I could detect the cellulitis. Stopped everything but hay again. We just took a long walk in hand that day and she continues to improve. Yesterday we played at liberty, happy to move though still not as happy to the rt - cellulitis is gone.

Can you post some pictures? I'm not sure if you're talking about true cellulitis or edema (stocking up)? The fact that it comes and goes, especially given the history (two days of bad weather and no exercise) makes me lean towards edema. Odd that it's only on the right.

Kathleen (KFG in KCMO)
EC List Support Team/Moderator
MO - Dec 2005
http://www.ecirhorse.com/