Repost-Dr Kellon-??'s about Alixia's next bloodwork

Teresa <teresa@...>

Sorry to seem impatient. I can't believe it's been 3 weeks since the
last dosage increase. I would like to test early next week, so need to
plan accordingly- thanks!

Dr Kellon,

I am making plans for the 6 and 12 hour post pergolide dose testing we
discussed for Alixia. I have talked to my vet and he is glad I have
discussed with you as Alixia is beyond what he has knowledge/experience
with, so is willing to help in any way he can.

The best plan I can come up with working with vet's office hours for
handling, etc. is to dose at midnight and sample at 6AM and 12 Noon.

I normally dose between 6 and 8PM. Should I dose later for a few days
prior to testing? I'm wondering if dosing 4-6 hours later than normal
the day before the test will in some way influence results. Not sure I
can do midnight, but could probably do 10PM for a couple of days prior
if that would be advisable.

2nd question is feeding. Alixia is on free choice hay and picks at her
bucket meals through out the day/night, so I'm thinking it won't have
much of an impact anyway...but wanted to make sure. AM feeding is
usually 7AM, so will be after the 1st test and 5 hours before the 2nd.
Should I change anything here?

Not sure how often I'll be able to manage ($$) these double tests, so
want to maximize the info gathered for Alixia and the group.

Thanks for all your help and support,

Teresa, Alixia and Ollie
Lititz,PA
October 2006