Re: Boots or shod? (Ontario)

tomtriv <ThePitchforkPrincess@...>

Hi Wanda

My mare is like your horse, ouchy on stones and roots but otherwise fine. In winter we use Easy Boot Gloves with ice studs for trail riding. In summer Easy Boot glue on's are taped on using athletic tape. It sounds weird but it works very well. An endurance rider in Australia came up with the tape idea and I think it has caught on all over. The boots are put on before and taken off after each ride. If you want to read more about our experience check out Message #4147 in ECHoof. There lots of talk in ECHoof and ECHorsekeeping about all kinds of hoof boots.
-LeeAnne 04/04
Newmarket, Ontario