From: judy_meldrum <judy_meldrum@...>
To: EquineCushings@...
Sent: Mon, August 16, 2010 3:14:08 AM
Subject: [EquineCushings] Re: Chaste Tree Berry

I am giving a 13hd 22 yr old pony mare about a dsp twice a day i put it in her
speedybeet and poor over the hot water..she has not trouble eating it as for
effectivness this winter her coat is not as long and feels much softer..i will
see once the season begins to warm if her coat begins to shed she did last year
.. it was longer and courser, but i used a stripping comb and eventually
clipperd her to complete the job ...I do not rug my horses
I am pleased with the results of the chaste berry but wonder if the amount could
be altered for even better results any thoughts ?

--- In EquineCushings@..., cecilia <genecec@...> wrote:

How much are you giving him? I give my 22YO Morgan gelding a slightly heaped
tsp. twice a day...he snarfs it right up in his Hi Fat Hi Fibre, beet pulp and
flax. He's picky, usually, but never even hesitated with it.

Are you grinding it up? I know someone who tried it on their pony, but fed it
unground and the pony refused it. Just use a coffee grinder until it's mostly
ground up.

Cec
Nova Scotia
June 2010