Re: Does weather influence IR? / (cheryl)

Snowdenfarm

Sue,

I should add that even Kathleen's hay balancing is not a magic bullet. She (and the others) make it very easy for us to get it done.

I still have to keep them off grass almost entirely, nothing but ODBT cubes as a carrier to get the nutrients in them and exercise, exercise, exercise. I was very disappointed (read that as mad as heck) that I couldn't keep my easy 24/7 turnout arrangement, lol. What was really cool was that I could watch the color and density of their hooves change after balancing my hay. There was a line that grew out over the course of a year. Below it the hoof was bigger and lighter. Above was tighter and darker. It looked like the tubules(?) were packed together more densely.