Anhydrosis and Thyroid dysfunction

Lorrie <lorrie@...>

Hi all,

Just wondering about any link between Anhydrosis and Thyroid dysfunction. My chronic foundered gelding sweats in one particular spot on his neck but not others and pants when he is hot. I have him on msm and glucosamine (if I take him off he's not able to move around), and milennium gold supplement, timothy grass hay. His crest has gone down to normal since Feb and his fat pads on his croup are going away slowly. He about knocks me over when I throw hay. And doesn't get ouchy when I give him a handful of grain. Haven't turned him out in a month, he did get stiff when I put him out on grass for an hour, but the grass now is like dry hay.

Lorrie