Re: Cushings horse EPM postive on blood test

ferne fedeli

On Sat, Dec 3, 2011 at 2:12 AM, godivakathy <godivakathy@...> wrote:
where I can learn more about what to do or what I should know about when your Cushings horse tests positive for EPM on a blood test?
I'm sorry that I can't help you more with the Cushings & EPM issue.
My Icelandic, who is IR--but I didn't know it at the time--was
diagnosed with EPM about 4 years ago. I went through the Mraquis for
2 months with him. It is quite expensive, but since it is dosed by
body weight and he was about 700 lbs at the time, it was at least
slightly less expensive than for a bigger horse. I was told at that
time to also give him Vitamin E, which I did, but didn't know about
having the Vit E in oil then, so don't know how much good it did. He
recovered quite nicely though. His left hind flank is still indented,
but that is the only sign that he had EPM.
Ferne Fedeli
No. California
4/2010