Re: Cushings horse EPM postive on blood test

Dawn Wagstaff

Kathy,
I do not have a horse diagnosed with EPM, however, I do have a friend with a Cushing/IR mare on pergolide, who was recently diagnosed with EPM and is undergoing a new drug protocol of Oroquin-10. She has been experiencing positive results with the drug. There is also a blood test protocol available now with different sensitivities being used instead of spinal taps to diagnose prior to administering oroquin.
The information for this protocol is at http://pathogenes.com/

Also, here is more reading than you might have wanted,http://pathogenes.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/WHAT_IS_EPM.144162502.pdf

The above is also from the pathogenes website.

Dawn Wagstaff
Angel Ellie
Saline, MI 2003

--- In EquineCushings@..., "godivakathy" <godivakathy@...> wrote:
Does anyone here have personal experience with or know of any sources where I can learn more about what to do or what I should know about when your Cushings horse tests positive for EPM on a blood test?