Re: Any thoughts on Kent Feeds Secure or Omegatin?

Kathy Brinkerhoff

Hi Margaret,

I checked the info on the Kent site and on the information sheet the company boasts of a *low starch* content of 13.5%....yikes, that is just the starch. I didn't find the sugar %, The Fat is 20% and the copper and zinc contributions per pound are almost not worth listing.

I could not find the product Secure. I did find a feed called Sentinel. Again...site claims low S/S but it is not listed. Again very low copper and zinc contribution. I tried calling the company to get the S/S but the line has been busy.

How much of the Triple Crown are you feeding? Do you use it as a carrier for your supplements or are you using it to balance your hay?

Depending on your needs, you can find a better product than either of these Kent products.

Have you tried calling Triple Crown to find a dealer closer to you? I had much better luck in locating a TC dealer by calling TC directly.

Kathy Brinkerhoff

SE/WI 2007

--- In EquineCushings@..., "Margaret" <johnson_maggie@...> wrote:

I can easily get Purina Wellsolve, which I see is not recommended here for Cushings and IR horses. I can also get Kent Feeds around here. Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on Kent Secure or Kent Omegatin?