Re: Thyroid tumor in Ace Update

Kathy Brinkerhoff

Hi Leigh, I am happy to hear that Ace is doing so much better. I just have to ask and hopefully someone else who is more knowledgeable about goiters will offer an opinion....would a goiter shrink in such a short amount of time after removing the iodine *source*? Might Ace have had swollen glands...lymph nodes?

If you don't mind I have a few more questions :-)... Did your vet diagnosis it as a goiter? How long was Ace on the Source supplementation? Did he get iodine in any other product you were supplementing.

I am very interested in this because Source Original is the iodine product I use and one of the products that is often recommended for iodine supplementation on the EC/IR Boards.

Thank you,

Kathy Brinkerhoff

SE/WI 2007

--- In EquineCushings@..., Leigh Jacobs <equinesrfun@...> wrote:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
As an update to the advice given for Ace and his Thyroid goiter last week.   Taking him off the Source has done absolute wonders!  The mass has already decreased measurably and he is able to hold his head properly bent at the poll.