Re: Any thoughts on Kent Feeds Secure or Omegatin?/Now Essential K

Kathy Brinkerhoff

Hi Linda and All,

I did receive an email this morning from Dan Burke, Equine Nutritionist, Kalmbach feeds.

This is part of what Dan emailed to me.....*To answer your question about sugar/starch levels we now term sugar+starch as NSC (non-structural carbohydrates)*

I am not sure who the *we* are that he is referring to in his statement?! Equi-analytical has been reporting it as sugar+starch for the past couple (?) of years and so do a lot of commercial feed companies...i.e. Triple Crown.

Here are the products I requested and all are reported as NSC.

Essential K 14%, Essential K GC 14%, Alfa Essential 16%, Kalm N EZ pelleted 15% and Kalm N EZ textured is 18% because of the oats added to the product.

These products are grouped as Kalmbach's low sugar/low starch feeds.

I do appreciate Dan's timely response to my question about his products.

Kathy Brinkerhoff

SE/WI 2007

--- In EquineCushings@..., "kathybrinkerhoff" <kathbrink@...> wrote:
I did attend a seminar by Dan Burke (Equine Nutritionist, Kalmbach) about three years ago and I still have his card....I'll give it try by emailing him directly.