Re: new blood work

millionairess1989

Hi Lavinia,

Although the TC products are better than most in the s/s/fat dept, they are not ideal and may still be too high for a sensitive horse. When doing bloodwork, feeding only hay would be preferred. The TC Lite is a concentrate/grain and that does produce more of an insulin response than forages.
I hadn't realized that TC Lite conatined grain. I will leave it out next time. What is the advantage of the Ontario Dehydrated pellets over the TC Safe Starch? What about alfalfa as hay or pellets? I read in some places that it is okay to feed and others not.
Thanks,
Jennifer & Mill in TN
Jan 2011