Re: pergolide tablets - close to date

ermintrudeclaire

Hi guys, thanks for that info - I am still using pergolide as I was already
using it before the change to prascend. I do have to buy it direct from the
vets now as the pharmacy wont dispense it but its working so I don’t want to
change anything and risk a problem.
They are tablets in blister packs and don’t need to be refrigerated, it just
says do not store at above 25c

claire:-}
uk, july 10

Hi, Claire - Since you are in the UK, I assume you are using Prascend? Or
are you one of the lucky few that still gets pergolide?

........So - the short answer is: it depends. It depends on how and where
the pergolide was stored, whether it is capsules or blister packs, and the
potency of the drug that was used for compounding. I know that some people
have experienced a relapse in their horses' symptoms after a few weeks of
using pergolide that had been either over-heated or frozen.

The best one can do is store your pergolide in the fridge, keep it away from
moisture, and use it up by the expiry date - all the while monitoring your
horse's symptoms and blood work (if

Jaini,Merlin,Maggie,Gypsy
BC09
EC moderator

And
s.yahoo.com/group/EquineCushings/files/Canada%20-%20%20Sources%20for%20Produ
cts%20%26%20Services/

Scroll down to Pergolide.

Lorna in Ontario,Canada