Re: Salt and flax amounts for pony

Chanda

While not on the emergency diet, my 350# Cushings gelding gets 1 tsp salt, and 3/4 ounce of flax (I think its around 3 tablespoons - he's getting Omega Horseshine in his SmartPaks at .75 scoop dose, so should be 3/4 ounce). [My normal minis gets 1 tablespoon to 3 tablespoons flax, depending on their needs; the ones on just a tablespoon could probably use a little more, but its ok for now; and those on 3 tablespoons it seems to be about right.]
Chanda
MT 9/04

--- In EquineCushings@..., Teri Riley <teririley@...> wrote:

Can someone tell me how much salt and flax to give a 300 lb pony on the emergency diet?   I've been guessing and giving her 1/2 tsp. salt and 2 tsp. flax (before grinding) am and pm on her BP.

Teri

Indiana
4-2012