Re: Salt and flax amounts for pony

Mandy Woods

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chanda" <chandab@...>
To: <EquineCushings@...>
Sent: Thursday, April 26, 2012 11:59 AM
Subject: [EquineCushings] Re: Salt and flax amounts for pony

While not on the emergency diet, my 350# Cushings gelding gets 1 tsp salt, and 3/4 ounce of flax (I think its around 3 tablespoons - he's getting Omega Horseshine in his SmartPaks at .75 scoop dose, so should be 3/4 ounce). [My normal minis gets 1 tablespoon to 3 tablespoons flax, depending on their needs; the ones on just a tablespoon could probably use a little more, but its ok for now; and those on 3 tablespoons it seems to be about right.]
Chanda
MT 9/04

--- In EquineCushings@..., Teri Riley <teririley@...> wrote:

Can someone tell me how much salt and flax to give a 300 lb pony on the emergency diet? � I've been guessing and giving her 1/2 tsp. salt and 2 tsp. flax (before grinding) am and pm on her BP.

Teri

Indiana
4-2012�

All posts copyrighted the year posted, all rights reserved to the author of the post and list owner. Posts may NOT be copied or intellectual property used elsewhere without written permission of the author and/or list owner.

Post message: EquineCushings@...
Subscribe: EquineCushings-subscribe@...