Re: blood tests advice needed.

corysgroom <hawkhilldeb@...>

Hi Nancy-- Thanks so much for the quick and thorough response. I will do the tests you recommend. My next question is timing and prep. Would it be wrong to allow Cory to have his normal morning routine (starting at 7 a.m. one cup of Purina Welsolve L/S, one leaf of unsoaked hay followed by 2 hours of muzzled turnout)and then have the vet pull blood at 11 a.m.? I am thinking this would give a more realistic idea of his insulin resistance. The last test in June was fasting. Thanks for your help.

Deb in NC
July '12

--- In EquineCushings@..., "Nancy" <threecatfarm@...> wrote:

Hi Deb

You can find the specifics and references of blood work needs here. Might want to print for your vet.