Re: Fionn's results

fionn@...

Oops, I should have updated the case history better. I have already taken him off the Omega 3 and am doing the ground flax. I am not sure what the mg are for the pergolide but I will see if I can find out.

Will check on glucose too since it was done at the local lab.

Michelle Peck Williams, NBCT
AP World History & Humanities Teacher
Dept Chair for Social Studies and Fine Arts
Paul Laurence Dunbar High School, Lexington, KY USA
mpw@...
Michelle.Williams@...

"To know what you know and know what you do not know is the character of one who knows."
-Kung Fuzi (Confucius)

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 3, 2012, at 12:50 PM, "Lavinia" <dnlf@...> wrote:

Cornell:
ACTH 88.1
Insulin 25.13
Cortisol 4.13
Case history: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ECHistory5/files/Michelle%20Peck%20Williams
Hi Michelle,
What this means is that Fionn is clearly PPID. I'm assuming there were no glucose or leptin tests done? Cortisol doesn't tell us anything. As we are heading into the seasonal rise, his ACTH will be rising from there so good that the pergolide was started. Are you tapering onto the full prescribed dose? The currently uncontrolled PPID is probably driving some of the IR.
What is the amount of pergolide in (mg) that was prescribed? The cc is only a volume measure and doesn't tell you what the actual drug dose is. Also, liquid pergolide is the least stable/most expensive form of compunded pergolide available so I would encourage you to get a script for the capsule form instead.
Although the insulin is within the lab's normal range, it is still elevated and makes Fionn definitely IR. Is he still being allowed restricted grazing time? Diet needs to be tight, esp with the foot issues he has been showing. Remove the brown salt block, the Equiforce Omega Tri supplement (use ground flax instead). How much Alam is he currently on? Could also use some current body pics to assess his body condition score.
Know you've been working with Linda on the hoof issues so you have input on where the trim needs to go.

Lavinia, Dante, George Too and Peanut
Jan 05, RI
EC Support Team