Re: Mule Foundered 3rd time in 15 yrs

Karen <ket62@...>

Not totally sure how to do it.

--- In EquineCushings@..., "Cindy L. McGinley" <cmcginl1@...> wrote:

Hi Karen,

Do you know how to check pulses? Check to see if both feet have pulses. It could be an abscess if it's only one. Relief from acute laminitis and abscess are exactly opposite, so it's important to get an idea of which it might be. Often equids who have foundered are prone to abscessing, and often the stance is similar.

I'm sure someone else will elaborate more, but I just wanted to put the idea out there.

- Cindy & Alf (with entourage) in NY
EC Support
May 2006

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 28, 2012, at 1:40 PM, "Karen" <ket62@...> wrote:

My husbands mule we think has foundered again. This will be the 3rd time in 15 yrs. Starting emergency diet but he doesnt like the beet pulp. Any ideas and how much to feed. HE is about 120 lbs. He even grazes with a muzzle!

Also should we have him xrayed to be sure>? Cant think of anything else that is going on. He is standing leaning back and walking gingerly. I put him in a stall with shaving and 2 yr old hay.

Thank you!
karen

All posts copyrighted the year posted, all rights reserved to the author of the post and list owner. Posts may NOT be copied or intellectual property used elsewhere without written permission of the author and/or list owner.

Post message: EquineCushings@...
Subscribe: EquineCushings-subscribe@...