Re: lost blood samples

perigrey <perigrey@...>

They were sent express mail at 2:30pm yesterday, with delivery guaranteed by 3pm today and are missing. If the box turns up is there any value to having the tests done?
the same thing happened to me last year. I think it was about 48 hours before they got it. I called cornell to check if they should bother doing the testing. they said the most important thing was being sure the blood was separated quickly. after that, the serum is not as perishable. When they finally got my samples, the ice and serum had melted but the serum was still chilled. the expert said the sample was fine and the result would be reliable. who did you ship with?
good luck
sally, moss beach, 6/10