Re: Seasonal rise and pergolide?

lisanne5

In some horses pergolide can be decreased in winter and spring. There is a document about this in the files, :
http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/sIU9UBRk3IIGnyGi6X7c5eUUWP5NSzfEZkQ7R1dAO-gfhIgCKDbt-WLZCa8_Wmpuj7KvMBvyC-tyMvvBqwi9ost_eRrV/Drugs%2C%20Pergolide%2C%20Cushings%20Disease%20Treatments/Pergolide%20Dosage/Weaning%20Down%20Pergolide%20Post%20Seasonal%20Rise.pdf

If the above link doesn't work, look in this folder: Drugs, Pergolide, Cushings Disease Treatments > Pergolide Dosage

There are some great slides (#23-29) on seasonal rise in a presentation given in March this year that is referred to in this post:
170604

According to the presentation above, ACTH in most horses begins to drop off significantly in November, but with my own horse I have not noticed it until late December or first of January.

Lisanne and Lacey
Western Oregon
09.2010