Re: New Hay Question-Please Advise

sunshine12982000

Thanks, Laura

As far as the WSC goes, there was a discussion not too long ago on that and I don't remember all the details, but unless something just now changed, we don't need to worry about WSC at the levels your tests are showing.>
I did check back in many of the discussions, but I think I got confused because Equi-Analytical is now running a

#644 Carb Pack - provides Ethanol Soluble Carbohydrates (ESC), Water Soluble Carbohydrates (WSC), and Starch analyses for owners solely concerned about carbohydrate levels and their effect on horse health. While informative, complete nutrient profiles are recommended for a better understanding of your horse's diet.
Price: $27.00

This kind of threw me. I just ran the #600-Fast Track. Actually, I've run about seven of them this year. I figure when we get a good supply of low s/s hay, I can then run the #603 to check everything else, but shopping for low sugar is my prime directive right now. I really want to stop soaking for the winter.

Is there any test that can measure the fructans or whatever that the alfalfa may add so we could judge the current year's cutting available?

Gayle and Sabrina
3/06
Fairview, TN
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/ECHistory/files/Sabrina/