Re: Dodson & Horrell Ultimate Balancer

l.shellard@btopenworld.com

Ok thanks Jennifer. So other than Fast Fibre, well soaked hay/straw and restricted grazing, what supplements should I feed to ensure he gets the vitamins & minerals he'll need?

After stopping feeding Top Spec Anti Lam balancer (because people said it was full of sugar) I started making a simple feed of chaff with a scoop hedgerow herbs, scoop of seaweed & teaspoon of magnesium. Trouble is he either got bored of it or didn't like the taste as he'd leave most of it! He has a salt link in the stable and also a mineral lick which he doesn't touch!

Once we've got him sorted I hope to get him back to full fitness as a competitive carraige driving pony so he will need a fair bit of energy & will need to feed his muscles!!

It's so difficult to know what to feed so any advice would be very welcome.

Many thanks,

Lesley in England UK.

--- In EquineCushings@..., "jennifer_hell" <jennifermandy@...> wrote:

I wouldn't think so. Here is the only information I found, but even without a complete analysis this looks already bad for a IR pony IMO:

Full Fat Soya Meal, High Pro Soya, Wheat, Vitamins & Minerals, Wheatfeed, Oatfeed, Dicalcium Phosphate, Glucose Syrup, Skimmed Milk Powder, Limestone, Salt, Vegetable Oil, Fruits, Herbs, Yea-Sacc (Saccharomyces cerevisiae 2 x 108 cfu/kg[PS1] msm)

Jennifer in Germany
Laramie July 2011

--- In EquineCushings@..., "l.shellard@" <l.shellard@> wrote:

Hi all,

Does anyone in the Uk know if Dodson & Horrell Ultimate Balancer is safe to feed a Cushings /IR pony (currently on Prescend).

Thanks

Lesley