Re: Are these lab results normal or should I re-test?

Eleanor Kellon, VMD

If she wasn't fasted, those results are reliable. They look like fasting numbers though and if that's the case you need to repeat without fasting.

There are some IR mares who experience problems with hoof pain starting in early spring. If she is IR, I can send you info on checking for that.

You may need radiographs to get more information on her hoof pain issues. Abscesses always a possibility with the wet conditions. Otherwise, your trim is appropriate but the feet are still considerably dished and underrun. You may want to consider something like the Eponas that Linda is using. Should move the thread to ECHoof for that.

EC Co-owner
Feb 2001