Re: Are these lab results normal? Re-test same results! - Dr Kellon

astrid Noordhoek <astrid.noordhoek@...>

Hi Zoe,

was the pasture treated in some way (after the test), like with artificial
fertiliser, cow or pig manure or so?
Or did you allow her to graze in another pasture, allthough adjacend and
thus 'the same' in our eyes?

This can provoque changes is the ca/p ratio's. As far as I remember this
and spring/automn time can cause considerable increases of P.

I helped a PRE stallion with his diet, we didn't have an analysis, but
still, his diet is now more in balance and his feet show this: last year
his owner and the vet thought he was (bordeline) laminatic, now he is
'crunshing'!
So, small changes can make a huge difference.

Maybe it will help to make a list of all the bigger and smaller changes
that occured before/during the transformation of you horses ' feet.
Often, this can provide insights you would have overlooked otherwise.

Good luck with your puzzle!

Astrid
Netherlands
nrc, ir/cu, nat