Re: Time to Clip???

fionn@...

Fionn is already so furry that I just decided to bite the bullet, bought clippers and body clipped him today. I've never done it before so he looks quite patchworky but I am thinking I will get enough practice to get better before we go out in public. I decided the never ending blanket changes are better than having him be hot all the time. He was just miserable with all that hair.

How do people clip and not get covered in hair? I was completely covered and glad no one was around to see what a mess I was! I hope the Prascend slows down all this crazy hair growth!

Michelle and Fionn
Lexington KY USA
fionn@...
6/2012

On Sep 28, 2012, at 4:11 PM, "lauramollrich" <lmollrich@...> wrote:

We all keep waiting for this S. California heat wave to fade away but it's still here! One day the forecast is for 90's the next day cooling trend so not sure what to do regarding clipping. I wasn't going to clip this year but it is so hot that P is sweaty when I get to the barn. He was shedding a lot a month ago but now he's a fur bear. And, increasing his pergolide to get him through the seasonal rise has made him very dopey. He's not a happy camper.

Should I have him clipped or wait until cooler weather. If I do that then I will have to blanket and I didn't want to this year.