Beet Pulp Shreds vs. Pellets?

lauramollrich <lmollrich@...>

My girlfriend has started feeding her recently diagnosed Cushing's horse BP. I told her my routine at home with r/s/r the BP shreds but she has chosen to prepare the pelleted form at the barn.

I was wondering whether pellets have the same iron content that the shreds have? When I prepare my shreds the water is very dark amber while rinsing. I don't see that coming from her bucket of pellets.

I purchased a tap water testing system to test the PH and acid in my home and at the barn where she does hers.

If I decide to go with pellets, should they be introduced slowly so as not to upset P's system?

Laura Mollrich
Laguna Beach, CA
1/2012