Re: Are cranberries a safe treat for IR horses?

Danowski, Prof. Debra A. <danowskid@...>

My horses love Skodes, too. They also like dried split peas a lot. It took me several tries to get my mare to eat peanuts in the shell (she is not IR/Cushings but on the same diet as her brother) but now she runs to me whenever I have some. Celery worked for a little while, too, though it's not a big hit anymore. I've also heard that pistachios are popular but a bit expensive so I haven't tried them. Good luck.

Thanks,

Debbie and Cooper and Butterscotch
CT, October 2012

I am trying to find other good treats to hand feed her. Sadly, she turns her nose up at peanuts in the shell.