Re: Dr. K. Or anyone's ideas need help to keep Rani calm.

gypsylassie

--- In EquineCushings@..., "Leanne" <nallyhole@...> wrote:

...... suggestions with what might work for them with regards taking the edge of any stress for my mare Rani ( cushings and IR.)
Our daughter is getting married later this year in our/Rani's back paddock ie. Marquis,150 people, bands etc..
Our neighbors across the field have been getting fireworks lately, actual, real fireworks, have a big party and put on a pretty big display on the fourth. I save some of the boys early evening hay to feed as soon as the "show" starts. I shut them in their stalls and turn on the barn lights so the flashes don't show up so much. Depending on how late it goes, I have their late night hay ready too. They take it all in stride with this set up. It could be one thing to try with your girl. Or, if Rani can see all the goings on, maybe if a few horse friendly attendees came up to her with a safe treat that she likes, like a peanut in the shell, she might see the party as less frightening. Hope it all goes well.
Laura K. Chappie & Beau
N.IL.2011