Fish oil instead of flax oil?

meg_findhorse

I had been finding flax oil in capsules at Sam's Club, but haven't found it recently. I'm almost out of the flax oil capsules. I burp fish oil and have some left unused in my freezer, so was wondering maybe I could use them for the horses. Would fish oil work? My horses are Icelandics. It is historical that during hard times Icelandics were fed dried fish.

And about peanut butter or peanuts in shell.... if that has too much Omega 6, then should I give extra flax to add more Omega 3 for "balance"? I give 20 to 30 peanuts in shell some days (not all at once, but spread out during various visits).

Meg - April 2010 // north Texas // 2 Icies