Re: advice on Pergolide dose

millionairess1989

Hi Jaini,
No clinical signs at this time. Actually Mill is looking better, gaining weight and muscle tone. I don't know if it is because of the Alcar, Glutamine, APF or extra beet pulp. I worry that 7mg will not be enough with as close as she is to the high end of lab normals. She does have some hind leg stiffness which I think is due to passing out in a trailer and going underneath the partition several years ago while on her way to get the first pacemaker.

Do we ever reach the point when we are not increasing by 1 to 2 mg every year?

Thanks for the help.

Jennifer & Mill
Jan 2011
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/ECHistory3/files/Millionairess

--- In EquineCushings@..., "merlin5clougher" <janieclougher@...> wrote:

Hi, Jennifer - Go for 7 mg; retest in 3 weeks. Her numbers actually look pretty good, but best case scenario is to have ACTH in the mid to low normal range.

How are her clinical signs? No goopy eyes, footsoreness etc?

Lots of us seem to be in the ever-increasing pergolide spiral; I have no good answer for why - I just keep increasing as the ACTH demands.

Jaini (BVSc),Merlin,Maggie,Gypsy
BC09
ECIR mod/support

Thanks,