Re: Crushing Rock Hard ODTBC

loes <loes1@...>

I had a pallet of rock hard cubes about 4 or 5 years ago.  It was a nightmare - the only way I could feed them was claw hammer the cubes (it works well when you do it on concrete)  into small pieces.  Aurelio's suggestion of soaking them in water worked on some but many cubes were too hard to even soak overnight.   Romke ended up with a very swollen mouth and he would no longer take the bit (I switched to a bitless bridle), I suggest you keep an eye on your horse's mouth.  Returning all those bags did not appear to be an option so I mixed them with normal cubes (more normal then rock hard).  It took me several years to get rid of those 40 bags.

Would you please let me know what the number on top of the purple tag is so I can ask the feed store not to  accept a shipment of  those bags.

Loes & Romke, TJ, Dreamer & Daisy
So. Cal
April 2008

On Sep 15, 2013, at 9:31 AM, Ferne Fedeli wrote:

 I think I will send Aurelio an email asking about them.
Ferne Fedeli
No. California
4/2010