Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2013 12:04 PM
Subject: [EquineCushings] Re: Back leg lifting way high when trying to clean hooves

"Does cushings give pain in back legs or hip area where horse is lifting up legs into air and stretching out and other times just holds leg up. Have been to the vet and he thinks it is arthritis
and told me to keep in stall and give him double bute. He is not improving. Could this be a nervous sysem problem ? My horse is IR.

Look up "Shivers" and see if this describes your horse.
Sheri in PA
2006/2007