how to feed hay in cold weather

goldencowgirl2468@...

I am wondering what others do for their hay feeding in cold weather. Currently I am soaking my hay, 2 horses, 18lbs each, feeding them about 6 different portions throughout the day. I live in Northern Wisconsin, so very soon my hay soaking season is going to come to an end. My ESC level on my hay sample was 9.0 so I don't necessarily have to soak but they tend to eat it slower if I do it this way. I need some advice on how to feed them so they won't gobble down their dry hay and someway to eliminate me from having to go out there 6+ times a day to feed when it gets 22below here. Thank U

Amanda, TerraCotta, Orianna

Wisconsin

April 2013