Re: senior feed

Shari Starr

To chop hay I used an electric mower/mulcher lawnmower which I just ran over a flake of hay until I got the consistency of chop that I was wanting. This was the only way that I could feed chopped hay to my gelding that had no grinding surface left on his molars to eat hay without quidding & worrying about him choking. The bagged chopped hay at the feed stores all has alot of molasses in it. Although, I fed pelleted timothy pellets soaked in warm water as his main stay to ensure he didn't drop weight but he still wanted his timothy hay.

Shari, Fly free, Snickers mom
ECIR June, 2013
Western WA