Re: Nine Great Years

Shari Starr

Jenny, my heart goes out to you in the passing of your lovely Sara into spirit. I'm just 6 months into the grieving process for my heart horse, Snickers that passed (non-cushing's related)after 22 yrs with me & it's very tough. The Hoofbeats In Heaven yahoo support group has helped me immensley so please know that you don't have to go it alone. Or, you can e-mail me privately & I'd be glad to e-walk beside you in your grief & healing. I'll light a candle for Sara tonight & keep you in my prayers for comfort & peace. Hugs to you.

I am standing by the seashore. A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength,and I stand and watch until at last she hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sun and sky come down to mingle with each other. Then someone at my side says, 'There she goes! Gone where? Gone from my sight - that is all. She is just as large in mast and hull and spar as she was when she left my side and just as able to bear her load of living freight to the places of destination.
Her diminished size is in me, not in her. And just at the moment when someone at my side says,'There she goes! ', there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices ready to take up the glad shout : 'Here she comes!'

Henry van Dyke.