Re: My beautiful girl is gone

Shari Starr

Marcia, my heart goes out to you. Rosie will be with you forever. If you want support a beautiful yahoo support group is the Hoofbeats In Heaven group. A great group of compassionate people that have experienced the loss of their beloved horses. Including myself who lost my beloved soulmate equine, Snickers on June 25th this year. Here is a poem that has comforted me when I catch myself myopically viewing life & missing my gone ahead Snickers. I send you comfort, hugs, love & peace and will light a candle tonight for your beloved Rosie. Shari, Fly free, Snickers mom

Gone From My Sight - by Henry Van Dyke
I am standing upon the seashore. A ship, at my side,
spreads her white sails to the moving breeze and starts
for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength.
I stand and watch her until, at length, she hangs like a speck
of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with
each other. Then, someone at my side says, "There, she is gone"
Gone where? Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large
in mast, hull and spar as she was when she left my side. And,
she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined
port. Her diminished size is in me -- not in her. And, just at the moment
when someone says, "There, she is gone," there are other eyes
watching her coming, and other voices ready to take up the glad shout,
"Here she comes!"...