Re: occasional loose manure

Bonnie

Hello Dr Jaini,

Thanks for replying. Since both day and night hay is from the same source, in nets, I don't think that is connected. There is a clue, though. I recently noticed Lad has been reaching over the electric fence to nibble burdock. Trust my boy to learn you can lean on the electric tape while wearing a winter blanket!

The burrs are very prickly and might be irritating internally.

 As far as stressors, the weather is nasty. Although they prefer to be outside, by late afternoon they have had enough. They are intent on eating and more likely to reach for edibles over the fence. Last winter they disposed of a dozen small poplar trees beside their paddock paradise track.

Bonnie Ivey, Ontario 12/08