Re: Whippoorwill Amulet (Bounce) - ACTH test results and radiographs

Lorna Cane

Hi Ruth,

>.  He has been on a pergolide (5mg/day) prescription since last November as a precaution.

Here's a clickable link to Bounce's CH:

Just to clarify is he actually getting 5.0mgs of pergolide? Could it be 0.5mgs, by any chance?

I wouldn't feed Podium to a horse I suspect of being IR (or even one not suspected of being IR,actually).
The fat number is higher than we recommend,at 8%. It also contains molasses, oats, soybean meal - my memory has timed out, but these are not good ingredients for an IR horse.

Lorna in Ontario,Canada
ECIR Moderator 2002
*See What Works in Equine Nutrition*

https://www.facebook.com/ECIRGroup